Cynthia Lockrey is a storyteller and motivator. She is passionate about helping people find their voice so they can share their knowledge, stories and BE HEARD!
Having worked as a journalist and newspaper editor, she understands the elements that make up a good story and where the story gets lost in the telling. She had carried these learnings with her in her 20+ year career public relations professional – never losing sight of the importance of finding the personal connection.
As a university instructor, corporate trainer and conference speaker, Cynthia is skilled at breaking down communications tasks into bite size and easy to understand pieces.
Over the years, she has worked as a communications manager and stakeholder engagement advisor for corporate, government and non-profit organizations. Her work also includes:
- Media and crisis communications lead for a Venue City for the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Winter Games
- Emergency/public information officer for three local governments with extensive emergency management training and experience
- Communications consultant – non-profit, corporate and government clients
- Corporate trainer – creating customized courses for organizations
- Patient advocate and patient advisor in Ontario and British Columbia
- Your Child’s Voice – A Caregiver’s Guide to Advocating for Kids with Special Needs, Disabilities, or Others Who May Fall through the Cracks
- Bed Rest Mom, Surviving Pregnancy-Related Bed Rest with Your Sanity and Dignity Intact.
Cynthia also offers one-on-one coaching to help people gain the confidence and skills they need to communicate for success.
Contact Cynthia to learn more about her coaching, speaking, corporate training or consulting opportunities.